Hey guys! Hagerman here! This is the not-so-top-secret recipe to making slime. Before you begin, you must have your parents permission to try this. Have them check this page out and maybe they can help you. Wouldn’t be it be nice to have someone help you clean up the mess? Wouldn’t it be nice to have someone help you prevent the mess?
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of Elmer’s Glue (Washable school glue works but not as good.)
- 1 tablespoon of wet borax. (Take 1 tsp of borax and add just enough water so it is a little runny.)
- (OPTIONAL) Food Coloring or washable coloring. (Food coloring makes bad stains on carpet and if you ever want the chance to get permission to make this again, I suggest you DO NOT use food coloring. If you insist on adding color, do some research and maybe you can find a coloring that washes away easily.)
- Mix the water and Elmer’s Glue, (and OPTIONALLY the coloring), in a container you can seal tightly later: a jar with a lid or a ziplock bag works good. Mix until well blended.
- Add the borax, seal the container and shake for about about 30 seconds.
- The freshly made slime may be wet and/or sticky. If so, set the container aside for about 20-30 minutes and when you return your slime will ooze nicely!
That’s it! It’s pretty easy. If you have any questions, comment away!